Nanda Kumar Birudavoludxcp
Architect & Hon’ble Chairman IIID, Hyderabad Regional Chapter Hyderabad
Nanda Kumar Birudavolu is an alumnus of the School of Planning and Architecture at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (SPA, JNTU), Hyderabad. He trained under Somaya & Kalappa in Mumbai before pursuing his Masters degree in Architecture specializing in Design & Computation at the prestigious University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). He established his practice, Nandu Associates in Hyderabad in 2001 on his return from the USA. Nandu Associates has since dealt with projects of different disciplines and scales, ranging from residential to commercial, institutional and hospitality architecture, including the prominent Hotel Avasa for Stamlo group and interiors of Hotel Marigold for the Greenpark group. Fueled by his passion for film and architecture, Nanda Kumar founded CINARCH, a forum for architecture-related talks, presentations and films about architecture which serves as a platform for architects and designers to interact and learn in Hyderabad. He is presently the Chairperson of Institute of Indian Interior Designers Hyderabad Regional Chapter. Nandu Associates has won various awards and accolades over the years.
- It was awarded the IIID AP Interior Designer Award-2009 for Torque (Pub), Greenpark hotel.
- Runners Up, A.P. chapter, IIID 2011awards for Soul Spa( Spa)
- South zone winner,IIID 2012 awards for Mekong (Restaurant), Marigold Hotel in the hospitality category.
- Winner, A.P. chapter in MYK Laticrete IIID 2012 awards for Mekong (Restaurant), Marigold Hotel in the hospitality category.
- The firm’s work has been featured in various architectural publications.
- Saptaparni,’ a cultural centre for kids and young adults in Hyderabad was reviewed in Better Interiors magazine in 2006.
- ‘Mekong’, a Pan Asian restaurant, was featured in the Better Interiors magazine in 2012.
- One of the firm’s Residential projects was also featured in the ‘91 Residences’ exhibition conducted by INCITE.
- The project is also a part of the ‘91 Residences’ book published by INCITE.
- Recently, Hotel Avasa has been featured in the Archdaily website.
- Hotel Avasa is also due to be published in Archiworld magazine.
- Received commendation for Avasa at TRENDS Excellence Awards 2014.
- Featured in Architecture and Interiors Magazine as one of the top 50 IGEN Designers 2014